Sunday, 3 June 2012

JJ Blouse - Ruffles Rage

Yeah !! very happy that my first frilly Blouse is complete :) I love these dramatic Ruffles.

burdastyle JJ blouse with ruffles

I was eyeing this fabric(which was in my stash for more than a month for now) to sew a blouse from when I purchased it.. finally got time to sew it yesterday. The fabric is pure cotton , lovely light yellow color with self design. Chose a frilly blouse as the fabric looks quite plain otherwise.Just adding some snaps of the making to this post.

 burdastyle JJ blouse with ruffles


burdastyle JJ blouse with ruffles  burdastyle JJ blouse with rufflesburdastyle JJ blouse with ruffles  burdastyle JJ blouse with ruffles Overall I am happy with the result. Waiting to wear it and click pictures more with them.
Actually I chose Burda size 36 for this JJ blouse. Its way too big. 34 would do . This pattern runs large, so beware ! It would be better to try out one size less. I have read similar opinions of others who have used this.

burdastyle JJ blouse with ruffles


burdastyle JJ blouse with ruffles
I made a mistake of cutting out the neckline too wide. So the collar doesnt look fitted and great. Anyway I love this Burdastyle JJ blouse pattern so much that I would be making one more again. So I would not be repeating the same mistake again:D
It is wonderful to see so many pretty and cute JJ blouses on the Burdastyle site. If you havent made one then go ahead and make one :) Review @ PR.
Tada..

4 comments:

  1. Great job blouse looks great and you choose a nice fabric

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Barb! Yep i liked the fabric too.

      Delete
  2. Your JJ is gorgeous!! I have to make one now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot :)! Would love to see your JJ version!

      Delete

I love your comments:)