Sunday, 8 July 2012

Damask Tunic

This post is delayed by a month I suppose.Although I made this blouse long time back I found time now to update about it in my blog. I was occupied sewing my three blouses for an exciting contest. But here it is , making its way to my blog today! Its a peasant top or rather i can also call it a pleasant one LOL..
 This pattern is form the Sew Serendipity book. Its called the Damask tunic, with raglan sleeves,  gathers around neckline and empire waistline. I love the photographs in the book.
  
The pattern comes in sizes XXS-XXL. I chose XS as it fit my measurements best.The instructions were pretty easy to follow.I liked them because they are very detailed and takes me from cutting to finishing step by step. 

I suggest this pattern is for an intermediate sewer with invisible zipper at the side seam. I am not used to zippers at side seams. Omitting it and instead I added a tie belt behind(Pic below). Hopefully next time I make it I would use zippers.The slipper bracelet that you see was gifted to me by my close friend ;) Its ma favorite.
By the way this sewing project was not a smooth sailing one for me . The neckline was so wide and deep :(. I sewed the neck facing and then wore it to see it was to wide. I did some alterations and set it right. Isn't it irksome to use the seam ripper?? Next time I shall make a muslin and see the fit before I jump on the actual fashion fabric.

My obsession for floral prints will never gone down. I have still quite a few six floral fabric in my stash;).
Do you have experience in adjusting a pattern with raglan sleeve ?Please do add a link or tips in the comments if you have something which could be of help.
I will update the other projects that I make from this book here.


9 comments:

  1. Love the fabric! Is this the Sew Serendipity pattern? If so, the sleeve/neckline should be easy to adjust with the shoulder elastic. If not, you can create a casing for elastic at the shoulder and use that the pull in/let out the neckline.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too liked it so much. So omitted the contrast hem band;).
      Yep I tried to adjust with the shoulder elastic but still it was way too gappy.After this i took the drastic step of ripping and resew.

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful!
    I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely top. Suits you really well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. slipper bracelet!! It sure is cute but not as cute as your mug rugs :)

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)Also it helps me find more crafty bloggers. If you have a question I reply to them right here.. So check back :)