Monday, 30 July 2012

Made for each other

What was in Q(read as queue as well ;)) for me was Quilting. This thought was lingering on my mind for quite some time "Why not grab the opportunity for the 2-in-1 sewing challenge ". When i sat on this Saturday about thinking which project i shall choose for this challenge, a lot of ideas came flying! I decided to make Quilted Pot Holders which can be used as Mug Rugs as well.:)

Many thanks to Rikka of Ricochet and Away for hosting this challenge !!
                                   





                                   

Since it my first attempt to go quilting i wanted a quilting project for beginners and at the same time something cute and adorable and Quick as i was running short of time and I had to finish it in few hours. Thats when i thought of a heart shape!!.


Used 2 fabrics and mix and match they went. After i made the first pot holder i wanted to try something differnet and thats when chevron came to my mind and my second pot holder is with zig zag stitching.



Wouldnt it be great if every project we sewed was a multipurpose sewing project!

Thats the short and simple story of two hearts. LOL..

The Pattern i used was downloaded from here.

Hugs,
Diya


P.S : I have linked up my project to all/some of the links 
here.

11 comments:

  1. I love the fabric and the chevron quilting! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome!!!

    Very beautiful.....
    Coming out with a two hearts concept is good and stitching pattern(esp zig zag and heart shape) makes it look different and attractive:-)

    Well done good job:-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pot holders / mug rugs look great!!! Love the greens and lemon colours together.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the heart shape!
    Very clever and practical!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks great! Clever idea! Can you please email some photos? (ricochethandbags(at)hotmail(dot)com) Perhaps the first, second, and third photos from this post would be best. I'll use them on the voting page for the challenge.
    Thanks,
    Rikka

    ReplyDelete
  6. Creative :) they are cute Diya!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi diya,
    Am quite new to your blog and its through your great work at rikk's place.
    Your job is excellent!!! Votes are assured....

    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love it! Pinning this into my sewing board :) Thanks for linking this up to our Weekend Wonders link party. Hope to see you again on Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Diya, i'm new to your blog and loved all your handmades. Are you part of Desi quilters...if not please do join us on FB Desi quilters...

    ReplyDelete
  10. beautiful!! i love all handmade things.. very lovely...
    krishna

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)I reply questions right here.. So check back :) If your comment does not appear, then there is a bug. Try adding again.