Tuesday, 21 August 2012

How to make Banded Bag Handles / Bangles


Thanks a lot to my lovely readers for your comments on my first handbag! When I showed the bag to my friends and family they loved the bag and the handles. So here is a tiny tutorial on how I made them.
This the banded bag handle. More picture of the bag you can view here.









Materials Needed:

As listed in the picture + sewing needle and thread.
I used gold lace and a strip cut out from the fabric I used for the bag. Finished the edges with pinking shears.













Place the first strip at a diagonal and fold and hand sew along the yellow line. Leave the thread and needle. 
 

Hold the stitched part firm and start winding the tape at the same angle along the ring. When the ring is covered completely sew the other end of the tape and knot.    

Repeat with the contrast tape in the opposite direction leaving gaps in between. And Tada Its Done!!


 


I used a single handle and used Velcro to fasten the bag opening.It works as it is a small bag. 
The same 'no glue' 'no fuss' technique can be used to make bangles as well;)
Planning to make some ? Hope  you like it !
Cheers,
Diya


P.S : I have linked up my project to all/some of the links here.

6 comments:

  1. Very well explained Diya:-)
    I am exciting to try it out:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks so lovely!! I bet there is market for these beautiful bags..I would but one!!
    I am your newest follower from the hop..pls follow back if you can.
    love your color choices too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. SOOOOO pretty!! I love it! I am definitely going to have to try that out!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I'll be using this come Halloween time :) Thanks for sharing this at the Weekend Wonders party. Hope to see you back on Thursday. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for stopping by and following me. I just wanted to let you know that I am now following you back.
    I look forward to reading more from your Blog. I hope you'll stop by to visit my blog from time to time.
    http://lifewithtwinsandadramaqueen.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I love this... I really, truly love this.

    Aloha,
    Following ya now from Our Everyday Harvest's hop. If you're up for a bit of a ride I'd love for you to join me at localsugarhawaii.com where we're riding the wave of life one little adventure at a time.

    xo,
    Nicole
    localsugarhawaii.com

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)Also it helps me find more crafty bloggers. If you have a question I reply to them right here.. So check back :)