Friday, 7 September 2012

A friendly canvas remix


Its such a happy moment when we make something and gift it to our friends or family .. right ? M sure you just said an 'yes'.. My close friend moved into a new home recenlty and I wanted to make something for her room.. Wanted to make something with a touch of "Funkiness" !! So here is what I made...


A funky mixed media art!! Got started with the canvas paints and a sepia print out of her photo.(She'z got a brilliant smile, I love that!!). Its always been a well defined and regular stuff that I painted. But not this time:)







I was inspired by Alisa Burkes Canvas remix(Click here to buy from amazon).
The projects in the book are all messy creations of vibrant colors and canvas ! Well the first look at the projects in the book did not quite impress me because it all looked too messy for me! But as I made my first canvas I thoroughly enjoyed the process of getting messy with paints and canvas. Its fun to do such work also.




Her rooms are going to be painted red and white . So I chose a red and white theme. Covered the canvas with red and little white here and there.. Made some stencils with paper. and Finally it was done!




 
No pics yet of it hanging on the red wall. But here are some pics of the finished art.
I simply love Alisa's book now. She is an amazing artist !



Liked it ? Have you made something like this before ? Very messy art na :) I loved it and my buddy adored it. I am inspired to do more and more like this , different projects of course so stay tuned for more...

-Diya

P.S : I have linked up my project to all/some of the links here.



13 comments:

  1. Diya,
    Love it and love the finished look! I bet that was a fun project to do. I've not heard of Alisa's book, will have to check it out to see what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! That looks like fun to make, too! I'm a new follower from the Aloha Friday hop, and I'd love a visit back at http://www.two-in-diapers.blogspot.com when you get the chance! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like you really had fun. It's great sometimes to just let yourself off the leash a little and have a bit of a go.

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool. I love unique ways of presenting photos! Stopping by from Local Sugar Aloha Friday Hop...have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fantastic gift. I know your friend loves this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. its simply superb:-)Loved the coloring theme used in it. its really very attractive:-)

    Good job Diya keep up the good work as always!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. hi der, I have nominated you for One lovely blog award... Check the following link for details
    http://dreamaholicdiaries.blogspot.in/2012/09/one-lovely-blog.html

    bonita

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great idea.. I love it! Thanks so much for sharing this at the Weekend Wonders link party! Hope to see you back on Thursday Have a great day :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Diya. I'm visiting back from my blog. Thanks for inviting me to check yours out. This is such a cool project. I'm your newest follower.

    Bonny @ thedomesticatedprincess.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Lovely, I'm your new follower from Blog Hop.
    Love your awesome blog. Feel free to check out & follow my blog @ revampspunkyrena.blogspot.com
    xoxo
    Rena

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a lucky friend. She has to be thrilled with this one of a kind and personalized piece of art from her sweet friend. Thanks for sharing on beColorful this week.
    pr

    ReplyDelete
  12. A little messy… but very… very pretty!! Even the colours are gorgeous.. I bet your friend totally loved this.. .... .. … Thanks for joining Made with Love last week…

    Hope to see you join the giveaway on colours dekor this week too … http://coloursdekor.blogspot.co.uk/2012/09/giveaway-weekly-story-wk-93.html

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sure looks like a fun project and when you have such fantastic results at the end of all the hard work, it is truly worth all the effort. Nice mix of colours and very creative.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments:)