Saturday, 10 November 2012

Drafting a Skirt for women

How is your weekend going,  lazy ?... Well not mine. I am participating in a draft along. So getting geared up to finish my self drafted A Line skirt. If you have the Design it Yourself book , then head on to Justine's blog here and see for yourself if you too can participate.

I am done drafting the pattern and verified with one of the skirts I have , looks fine. So will not sew a muslin. You see the fabric I have purchased is a green and no prints. I am planning to do some fabric painting on the fabric I have chosen. Wishing myself all the luck. Will be updating soon after I finish painting and sewing the skirt.
-Diya

8 comments:

  1. Fabric painting sounds interesting. Can't wait to see what you will create!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's the book I used when I first starting drafting patterns! I'm excited to see the finished garment, Diya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like fun. Can't wait to see your finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, I'm your newest follower and was hoping that you would stop on by my blog and follow me back.

    www.enjoyingtheepiphany.com

    Thanks,
    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh sounds like your skirt will be nice. Stop by tomorrow for the t shirt draft!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done, Diya!!! Look forward to seeing it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm loving your blog!
    I'm nominating you for the Liebster Award. Read more about it here:
    http://sewingbarefoot.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    Shannon @ Sewing Barefoot

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks great! Can't wait to see the finished skirt, especially the painted fabric.

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments:)