Saturday, 24 November 2012

DIY-Painted Pebbles as pattern weights

Sometimes its a joy to make stuffs like kids and enjoy like them. I painted some pebbles which I can call is perfect for kids craft ;). But I use it as pattern weights. My pattern cut outs on fabric look so colorful now.  

Here there are my KopyKat Nature Pebbles and how I made them.

Do you remember my miniature painted pots.I had blogged about it once long back.I used enamel paints then but this time I used acrylics.This isn't a big tutorial but just simple two steps on how to paint pebbles.

Materials required:
Acrylic paints
Few Pebbles
Varnish
Brushes.

Step1 :
Wash and dry the pebbles. Choose a pattern from nature and paint it on to the pebble.
I chose some patterns from nature.
Step 2 :
Once dried. coat them with varnish.

 
 
  


 
So many colorful pattern weights I have now Yippee!! As usual there has to be something related to peacock my favourite bird.
How is the strawberry pebble so real na ;) What are you upto ?
Happy weekend.

P.S : I have linked up my project to all/some of the links here.

17 comments:

  1. Clever and inexpensive, Diya. My favourites are the ladybird and strawberry. I have a driveway full of pebbles that I could use...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are fun! I especially like the peacock one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute! I would love to have you come share this or any of your great ideas at the link party on ‘Or so she says…' There’s one going on right now (and every Saturday – Tuesday). Hope to see you there! www.oneshetwoshe.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow creative:-)Peacock and strawberrys are very attractive:-)
    I am damn sure kids will love this:-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So clever. I am forever grabbing objects from around my house to hold patterns down. These little pebbles can just live with my sewing supplies instead!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely little pebbles and so creative Diya. Loved the peacock feather, the lady bug and not to leave out nemo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That looks original, although I do remember doing this as a child, too :) Seems like a long time ago.

    Also, I was wondering if you are still interested in those button badges I was giving out in my blog earlier. Your recent email left me a little puzzled :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. P.S. The fruity pebbles made me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  9. very creative..they look super cute..i love diys..i am following you. take care.

    Asta
    http://cactusandcucumber.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Diya, thanks for following my little Blog Tips blog. Do pop by my main blog Carole's Chatter as well! I have followed your blog right back. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Those are so cute! This is a good idea, and I've been thinking that I need some pattern weights. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aren't these as cute as candy? Darling. Thanks for linking to Adorned from Above. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are so creative!! We hope you will come back this week! Thanks so much for sharing at Wednesday's Adorned From Above Blog Hop. This weeks party starts at 12:01AM on Wednesday and runs through Sunday night. Have a great week.
    Debi, Joye and Myrna (The Busy Bee's), Linda (Two Succulent Sisters)

    ReplyDelete
  14. The peacock design is so fabulous!!
    Glad to have found your blog via Itsy Bitsy
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia
    Cards Crafts School Projects

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is a brilliant idea! Why didn't I ever think of it? I've got a bucket full of river stones in my garage, time to break those out and start painting!

    ReplyDelete

Adding comments is easy and I love to read them :)Also it helps me find more crafty bloggers. If you have a question I reply to them right here.. So check back :)