Monday, 29 July 2013

Handkerchief skirt from the book Feminine wardrobe...

...Aka uneven hem skirt:) It was just an hour or so that took me to complete this skirt. It is from the book Feminine wardrobe!! Not only the title of the book, I loved the content of this book as well. It features some lovely photographs. The models are soo cute !
Skirt from Feminine wardrobe book
With my experience from Stylish Dress book , I can say that the Japanese patterns in this book runs large too. But there is a table which gives the finished size for each pattern. Now that is something so helpful for any dressmaker isn't it ?
Skirt from Feminine wardrobe book
This book features around 21 patterns. Actually it is 7 base patterns and 3 variations on each of these. Though the variations are not very different from each other. This book was sent to me as a gift by Dixie. Thanks so much. Check out her blog , I love the recent Japanese dress she has made. The moment I received it I started browsing through and wanted to make a quick project.
I found a dress which features a handkerchief hem skirt and a simple bodice. I omitted the bodice and chose to make a drawstring skirt instead.
Skirt from Feminine wardrobe book
Absolutely TWIRL friendly LOL!!
The above picture of taking a snap when skirt is in motion was my hubbys LOL. The name handkerchief hem suits it as the hemming is tri-fold as in a kerchief. I would like calling it an uneven hem skirt as well. The pattern is very simple and suited for a beginner too. 
Skirt from Feminine wardrobe book
 The fabric I used was cotton.A very light weight one. Had I used a heavy weight fabric then the uneven hem would have hung more nicely and been more visible. Nevertheless, this is something which is so comfortable. I love it.
Skirt from Feminine wardrobe book
Handkerchief Hem.
I am going to make at least 4 or 5 more projects from this book. I will keep updating them here.To view the other skirts which I have made click here. To see all th eposts published under the series Sew book inspired click on the image below.
See ya soon :)



6 comments:

  1. lovely! great print and the hem is really cool, especially at the side seams where the handkerchief effect meets up. i'm so glad you got the book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a beautifully made skirt. I love the flirty hem.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this skirt and the fabric is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I can't wait to make all of these patterns they are so darn cute!! Love your material!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sits beautifully, Diya!!! Love the bright, fun fabric...

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments:)