Saturday, 27 September 2014

Making Dress-F...(a dress with interesting sleeves)

Hello readers :) Before I start writing the details of the dress I made from Stylish dress book. I have a few thoughts lingering on my mind which I just want to share. To skip these not-relevant thoughts and read about the dress jump to next paragraph. Let me start off. I have started to realize that maintaining a blog is not easy. My blog is far much simpler to look and no advertisements etc etc. But still each time I make something I have to plan how I will take pictures(good ones so that you can see details clearly). I have to plan the content of how my post is going to help you by reading it. I have to edit the pictures crop them so that it loads quickly for easy viewing. And I have to upload link of my latest post on my other pages. Phew! Well for a hobby this is quite tiring. But still I continue to do it out of joy :) And I am glad you are reading and following it. Thanks a lot :) Now back to the dress. ...(Click below to read more)
Dress F from stylish dress book by tuttle publishing dress with slit at neckline and a line silhouette also the sleeves are having bow ties and split till armhole
Get the look of the model in the book and my model wearing it! Pretty much same na?


This is the Dress F from the Stylish dress book. I made a skirt with cargo pockets a couple of months back which I love so much. Both of these are made from Japanese sewing books. This book has patterns unlike the Stylish skirts. The patterns in the book are loose in fit. I made this dress for my sister who prefers loose fitted dresses. So I did not take any troubles to make it more fitted.
Dress F from stylish dress book by tuttle publishing dress with slit at neckline and a line silhouette also the sleeves are having bow ties and split till armhole
Check out the slit at the neckline. well made. a pat on my back LOL.
The slit at the neckline is kind of cool. I really did not know that it was so easy to make with a facing. 
As you can see the sleeves are really interesting here. It has slits and at the end they are tied with a bow tie. The instructions to construct it are simply great. it is pictorial and easy to follow. I used medium weight cotton for making this one.

Dress F from stylish dress book by tuttle publishing dress with slit at neckline and a line silhouette also the sleeves are having bow ties and split till armhole
Pretty sleeves arent they??
In case you are curious to know about the sizing. I made a size 10 which is meant for the Bust size of 34 3/4 inch and the final finished size around the bust is 38 inches.Nearly 4 inches of ease. The finished shoulder width is 15 inches. The dress has a A-Line silhouette and no zippers or closures.
Dress F from stylish dress book by tuttle publishing dress with slit at neckline and a line silhouette also the sleeves are having bow ties and split till armhole
The sleeves a close up..
Dress F from stylish dress book by tuttle publishing dress with slit at neckline and a line silhouette also the sleeves are having bow ties and split till armhole
Sleeves do gap a little when the hands are raised.
I am happy that she liked the dress. She says I did not stitch the sleeves complete and saved effort. I say that was how the style was and it makes a fashion statement. and we laugh off together LOL. Have you ever made anything form Japanese craft books ? Let me know in comments.

I am adding it to the sew book inspired series. I shall add more makes in the near future to this link. So check back if you want more stories.
By the way I have another top to talk about which I made form the latest Basic Black Book. So stay tuned. Till then happy sewing , reading, gossiping and have a nice weekend.

9 comments:

  1. Love ,love those sleeves.. What a great book...
    and your blog photos are wonderful, you do a great job.. I appreciate your effort.. Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy :) I am glad you like reading my posts. The books actually has a lot of designs from which we can learn a lot of sewing techniques.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yep that's true. My fabric is quite thick so it is wearable anytime too ..:)

      Delete
  3. Yes, ma'am, those are really pretty sleeves. Lovely work, as always!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes it's a shawl collar band. Real easy, you would probably really like it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm now inspired to try this pattern too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really ? .. I would love to see it if you make it..

      Delete

I love your comments:)